Monday, April 20, 2009

Fusion 041909


Wow first of all I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to all the dance teams out there, and my dance family COMMON GROUND! wooooo for placing 3rd place. This is the first time CG ever placed at Fusion. Its crazy.. my first Fusion and we placed.. its also my UG director, Mama Karen's last fusion.. I'm bummed out about it, but hey.. I guess we can say its a great way to start off newbies year and its also an amazing way to end it for our CG heads who are leaving this year. It finally paid off.. after all the hard work, the hardships that our team went through, the misunderstandings, and how there was a point in time when some of us felt that there is a possibility our Vegas set won't pull through. But wow, we are all in shock. When they announced that CG got 3rd place, to us it felt like we got 1st place.. or even better. Just the fact that they recognized us and all the hard work we put in this set. Everyone was filled with tears of joy. I was crying because I was so happy and just seeing everyone happy! ahh I'm still overwhelmed... someone pinch me! haha. It was so cute and warm getting a big hug from this one person. It was also funny seeing Kriska cry while she was eating her apple =] hahahah! Wow I got to dance with Karen, who I look up to so much.

I've always wanted to be on CG when I first started dancing with UnderGround. Just looking back at everything that happened these past few years.. Fusion 2007 was the first dance competition I ever went to with UG first gen. Now I'm dancing with CG and my first competition with CG was Fusion. Wow I just realized how time went by so fast and how what I've always wished for actually came true.
I'm trying to make the best out of it this year because I don't really know until when I can stay on CG or even be able to dance period..since my parents are on my case about how dance takes up my time and that I'm not concentrating in school. It sucks because they don't quite understand my situation. I've tried explaining it so many times.. filipino parents. I just dislike the fact that my mom doesn't keep her words or our deal. My dad on the other hand, I don't have to worry about.. its weird because filipino dads are supposed to be the strict ones. Not mine.
It might seem crazy, but when my mom straight up told me Fusion was my last competition.. I was crying so much yeah yeah yeah .. what a baby. But I guess its just like that when you love something so much and especially the people who I share that same passion for dance. I just hope and pray that my mom will eventually listen and understand me more. As of now, all I can do is compromise and just deal with it. Here I am trying to figure out ways to make it easier for me and for my team because its not fair if I'm able to leave early while the rest stay till later practicing and working hard..
Hope things will turn out alright. Eventually..

ULTIMATE BRAWL HERE WE COME =]

No comments:

Post a Comment